Caleb and I went to on a date see the Nutcracker together. He thought he looked like a prince and that I looked like Miss Scarlet from Clue, sans candlestick.
Nutcrackers are cooler weapons anyway.
Our night got off to a rocky start. Caleb burned his finger on my hair-straightener and almost called the whole night off. When we finally got in the car, I made a wrong turn (thank you GPS voice who thought the show was in Rhode Island) and we almost missed everything. I ended up turning around, nabbing a highly illegal parking spot, and running a frantic quarter-mile with Caleb and Nutcracker, making it just in time.
Caleb thought the theater was a palace. He had his eyes wide open the whole time. And we both LOVED the show. He kept on saying, "cool" and asking about Drosselmeyer. A 12 year-old from our church was dancing in the show and Caleb supported her by shouting, "GO ALEAH!!" at the top of his very capable lungs, right in the middle of the music.
3 comments:
Such the charmer, that kiddo. And such the little prepster in his navy blazer! Is he applying for the Ivies yet?
GREAT family pictures. That Caleb gets cuter every day. Your boys are irresistibly handsome, as those worker-elves seemed to find out. This blog update was totally worth the wait! By the way, the word verification below is "pughtess." An original Elise-coined word from family Balderdash?
What a handsome couple! I'm impressed he sat through that. How cultured you are, Caleb! Maybe we should have been more sanguine about Julia's prospects and gone ahead and taken her this year.
Post a Comment