There's a new kindergartender on the block named Caleb George Hahl...
He's starting with the disadvantage of us as parents, so we tried to make up for it by giving him THE coolest backpack in his class!
We were excited to walk to school together with him.
And we all enjoyed the moral support of Jaynee, Cassie, and Charlie.
We kept on waiting for Caleb to lose it as game-time approached, but he was totally comfortable--even happy--to go to real school.
We walked Caleb to his classroom, which happened to have a loft (check it out on the left.) There came a moment when the kindergarten teacher told all the kids to give their parents a big hug and kiss good-bye. Here's Caleb running up to us.
We hugged, then made a quick getaway so Caleb wouldn't see us cry (or rather, Elise.) And of course, the pregnancy hormones made this moment much more dramatic than it needed to be. But seriously, how fast is this boy growing up???
4 comments:
What an exciting moment! I just sent my youngest to Kindergarten...it's quite fabulous! For some reason I didn't even realize you were pregnant again! What are you having?
Kindergarten?! I'm already getting emotional about the thought of Amelia going to school in 3 years...and I'm not pregnant! Thanks for posting pics of your fam. Can't wait to see you all in person at Thanksgiving.
Danielle, good to hear from you! We found out the gender for our first two, but with this one, we decided to leave it a surprise, although the surprise is nearly killing me...I guess we'll know in a few weeks.
Joy, I'm glad that you're validating me on the tears. :-) Hopefully we'll make it to my parents for Thanksgiving!
What a wonderful young man Caleb is! I guess he gets it from his parents.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment