Monday, November 1, 2010

Welcome, Brooks!

We are thrilled to welcome Brooks Mattias Hahl to our family. We're still reeling from the fact that we have THREE sons now, but we're excited that we get to specialize in one gender!

He was born on Friday, October 29th at 3:53 a.m. Brooks came after nine hours of labor--just like his brothers.

He weighed in at 8 pounds, 14.9 ounces. We'll round that up to 15 ounces, thank you very much.

Here I am getting to know the person who had been inside my womb for nine months. Because we didn't know the gender until he was out, he didn't seem real to us until this moment. I can't describe how much we love this boy already. We would have had fun with a girl, too, but I feel peace that everything is as it should be.

This picture also gives away that I got an epidural, despite my "granola" ideals, as Oliver puts it. Yay for technology!


Oliver was a total champ of a labor coach. Here he is holding his son's hand during some tests.


More pictures of Brooks



Here's Caleb, fresh from the ward trunk-or-treat, meeting his littlest newest brother at the hospital. Caleb, in his Darth Vader costume, is introducing the dark side to Brooks early on...


And from the looks of things, we know Chase has some big ideas about what he'll teach little brother, too. Good luck, baby Brooks!


It was a big weekend for the Hahl family. The day after Brooks was born, Dadda and Caleb had their last soccer game of the season.

The taste of a season full of (non-competitive) victories was sweet. Check out the medal. Go Cabey!

We had a very loud birthday celebration at the hospital after the soccer game. Just about every bodily fluid possible came out of Brooks during the one-hour party. Three kids is going to be very interesting...


He looks a lot like Chase, but he has a more prominent nose.

Here we are coming home from the hospital on October 31st with Brooks, in his zebra costume. In fact, let's just concentrate on Brooks' appearance, and not his beleaguered parents'.


Zozoe found the costume for him and it was a HUGE hit at the hospital with the nurses.


And here are the rest of the Hahl family men on Halloween night! The boys had fun passing out candy to everyone while mama and Zozoe watched the zebra upstairs. Check out Darth Vader's "sock" gloves.

What a weekend! I don't know about you, but we're exhausted!

6 comments:

Karisa and John said...

I didn't realize there were so many other things happening for you guys this past weekend! That's probably for the best though-- it teaches Brooks right from the get-go that he is now part of a busy, involved family.

He sure is beautiful!

Charlie and Cassie said...

He is adorable! We think he is a perfect mix of Chase and Caleb! Cant wait to see him in person!

Em Russ said...

zebra costume is SOOO cute. Love it. I wish I were close enough to come borrow some of those boys for you (and snuggle that new one for a second). Congrats on the newest little man!!

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting! Now, being a mother to three sons I will say...it is wonderful! Just be prepared to do a LOT of laundry! Although I don't have much to compare it to...yet, our little girl (Brooke) is only 4 months old! And yes, I love the name you choose for your new son! Good luck and enjoy your three sons! :o)

U Pesci Fet d'a Testa said...

What a sweet family. Congratulations to you all. We can't wait to meet Brooks next month!

Frederickson said...

Zoe Zoe looks more tired than either E or O. That photo with Chase holding Brooks will be a classic!

And Brooks appears to be the perfect baby. He already has a serene look on his face. We'll see him in 12 days!

Love,
PZ