Hey! We've enjoyed a lengthy maternity leave from blogging. Thanks for being patient with us over the past 3 months as we've adjusted. The most exciting thing that has happened since our last blog post is that baby Brooks has learned how to smile.
Look how far he has come!
We're not going to write a detailed account of the past three months because we're having a hard time remembering what happened ten minutes ago. Still, we'll post the pictures we like the most, starting with our Thanksgiving break.
FYI, Oliver and I can't figure out how to un-underline words. We'll just try to be as emphatic as possible when the underline won't go away.
A little big-brother action going on in this one. This was one of our finalists for a Christmas picture.
Here's our Thanksgiving crowd! We were so lucky to see both sets of grandparents at the same time, and Tyson to boot. Glad he didn't ask us to go running though...he's getting way too fast. Brooks had a wonderful baby blessing right before our Thanksgiving feast.
Okay, moving into Christmas-time. This gingerbread house was a triumph for our family. The boys did a lot of the decorating themselves.
Here are our Christmas pageant stars. Sydney was an angel, Kendall was a wise man, Caleb and Mia were Joseph and Mary, Chase was a cranky, overtired King Herod, and Brooks was baby Jesus, of course.
and Chase with his new alphabet letters book.

After Christmas we met up with Karisa and John, who were also in Arizona for Christmas. We all went on a nature scavenger hunt. Thanks for letting me steal this picture from your blog, Karisa!
And now, we have officially entered 2011.
Check out the Boston skyline in the background of this picture.
We've had at least one major snowstorm every week this January. The snow is piled five feet high in most places. I went to a workshop on dealing with kids in the wintertime, and one of the bullet points was to be as positive as possible about snow. It was a call to repentance for Oliver and me. We're doing better though. Now when we want to cry, scream, or throw up in our mouths a little when we hear the weather forecast, we say, "YAY SNOW!" And we go sledding.
Caleb and Dadda. Caleb was really into the sledding this time. Everyone slept well afterwards, especially Dadda.
Chase thought sledding was OK, but he LOVED this snowman at the top of the sledding hill.
This picture doesn't really have a category. I just like it a lot.
7 comments:
Elise,
I love reading about what you've been up to. The girls will like the sledding pics. And baby Brooks has already changed so much. We were thrilled with (and have already responded to) our mail from Cabey this week.
Love you!
There's a WORKSHOP about dealing with kids during the winter? Wow! And you spent time and paid money to go to it? You must really be having a tough time with Boston's winter this year. I like the idea about faking enthusiasm about snow. I'll have to try it. You guys should take the boys to the zoo during the snow-- no one else will be there, and it's actually fun because all of the animals are so alert and active.
Okay, maybe I've just gotten numb to reality by taking kids to the zoo in a snowstorm.
I loved reading and seeing your Welcome Back photo blog. You have quite a nice collection of photos, not to mention kids. And I learned a lesson from you, albeit a little too late to do anything about it. It was the faux joy you express to your real kids whenever it snows. Luckily for you, nature accommodates your act.
Now, if someone smarter than the usual comment posters can please relieve you of your underlining malady, it would be most appreciated!
Dad
Thank goodness you're finally off maternity leave! I've checked your blog countless times over the past 3 months to see if there were any updates, but to no avail. However, these pictures were worth the wait! The snow pictures look like everyone is having a blast. That was an amazingly tall snowman that Chase was standing beside. Brooks has changed so much since we saw you at Thanksgiving time. I'm glad we're coming up to see you in March so we can give you all real hugs instead of just virtual hugs.
I love the snow pictures, although I am very sad for you. I am not a fan of snom anymore, so that would be hard for me too! The boys are adorable, and Brooks has changed so much! Thanks for updating so we can see what you've been up to!
What else did you learn at the workshop? We're expecting 8 inches tomorrow...which means another week of snow days for Nashville!
Brooks is absolutely adorable!
A workshop?? Oh, the joys of not living in rural West Texas! We love the pictures of all of the snow. I feel a few degrees colder (and much more uncomfortable) just looking at it!
Post a Comment