Monday, March 5, 2012

February Break in Arizona

We had a great time in Arizona last week! Here we are in Usery Mountain Park on our big hike. This rock is actually on top of a big mountain. The three oldest kids basically ran to the top, but Kenny and Chase weren't too far behind.
On the way down, Al and the older kids took the lead and I helped Kendall and Chase follow. Once the little guys and I couldn't see the big kids anymore, we decided we needed to catch up. I helped Kendall and Chase through a shortcut, which led to a cactus needle in Chasey's finger and a false ending to our trip. We realized we were in the wrong parking-lot when the boy that we thought was Caleb from afar turned out to be a 6 year-old stranger. Thanks to Alyson for rescuing us in her car!


After the hike, we went to a big park in Gilbert with lots of rides. Sydney was great at looking after her younger cousins. She was always asking me if she could help with Brooks--and I loved it! (Sorry, no Brooksie pictures here. More to come later if I can figure out how to send pictures from my phone to the computer.) Here she is with Chase.


Isn't this a great picture? Wish I could say I took it. Al took it and I think it looks super professional!

Oh yeah, Charlie surprised everyone on Friday by flying in for a brief visit and some board games. He shocked Oma and Opa! We have no picture of this moment, but just imagine the look on their faces when they saw their son showing up unannounced...Classic.


The Sun Devils were playing at home that weekend, and Caleb spent most of Saturday's game making playing catch and "pickle" with the new friends he made behind this hill on the left-field side. Here he is with the mascot. Is that a pitchfork sign the Sun Devil is making?

And the Sun Devil came and befriended Chase as well. Here they are playing catch.
That's all for now!

2 comments:

Karisa and John said...

I imagined Oliver's parents' faces for that moment when Charlie arrived, and it WAS classic.

And we've been to all those AZ locations! The Usery hike (with you guys, obviously), the Gilbert park with all those rides, and... I guess that's it. Cool!

Mary Jane said...

Where did 6-year-old Caleb learn his smooth moves -- casually putting his arms around 2 pretty female cousins?!