We were thinking about retiring the blog because I seem to have a mental block with updating it. (You may have noticed that we had our Halloween pictures up for three months!) Anyway, the idea of erasing our blog and reverting to Snapfish made me sad, ultimately, so I hesitated. Then the SuperBowl happened, and all of a sudden I had a few hours to update the blog anyway, so...here we are. Brace yourself for a blitz update, in the next two posts, that goes all the way back to September. Let's start with Christmas.
At the ZooLights Christmas special
Taming lions
The two big boys behind the wheel
We decided Chase was old enough to see the Nutcracker this year, since Caleb got to see it when he was 3. Caleb was just OK with the idea (after Uncle Josh talked him into it--thanks!), Chase was excited, and I was thrilled! I am a closet Nutcracker super-fan. The boys voted on my dresses and chose this one for me to wear. It was the last time I'll let them vote...
They got to meet some of the characters ahead of time.
Caleb actually loved the show this time. He watched with wide eyes. It's really a fantastic production. Chase sat on my lap to watch, and especially loved the scene with the dancing bear. By the final scene, he had fallen asleep, and I got to carry him back to the car.
Here are a bunch of Nativity pictures from our Christmas in Philadelphia. There are now enough grandkids on the Babbel side to fill most of the parts!
Zaya was Mary, and in this family, I think she'll be playing Mary for a while!
Shepherd Chasey
Ivy, a perfect sheep
Caleb, a very flashy Wise Man
Alistair decided he wanted to be a Wise Man, too.
Quin, the third Wisest Wise Man of them all.
Manger scene
The three Wise Boys!
Benson was Joseph--there he is on the left.
After a wonderful Christmas, we travelled in the AutoTrain down to...
LEGOLAND!!!!!
Darth Vader, 100% Legos.
R2D2, also totally made of Legos. They're glued or something so you can't break them.
Trying to navigate the traffic on a boat ride.
We stayed until dark. The boys are already talking about going back!
Of all the things that happened over Christmas break, this was the most exciting. Brooks first started walking on the Auto-Train on the way down to Florida, just shy of 14 months old. Within 3 days time, he was walking like this. By the end of the vacation, he was exclusively walking, and now he's unstoppable! He is proud to be walking and super-determined. Love this boy!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing lots of fun pictures. The mommy-sons date you had to the Nutcracker with Caleb and Chase looks like so much fun. I'm glad that tough-guy Caleb couldn't help himself and loved it!
Caleb and Chase are so cute at the Nutcracker! What a great date with your boys. I bet they are the most culturally savvy boys in Boston.
What a lot of great pictures. Thanks for putting them up. Alistair's wise man crown is hilarious. You have such beautiful kids.
Post a Comment