Monday, March 4, 2013

Josephine!


She's here!
Our beloved Josephine Serra Hahl made a fashionably late entrance into this world.  It took a while for her to warm up to the idea of being born. I was induced nine days after her due date, and even then, the contractions were pretty weak for the first six hours or so at the hospital. I felt like I needed to hide the fact that I was playing Ticket to Ride online with Karisa so the midwives wouldn't send us home. But when Josie made up her mind to come, she didn't waste any precious time!



She came on fast and furious.

We learned very quickly that she's particular about hats.

And she doesn't like to make her weight public knowledge. (Psst...7 lbs. 11 oz.)

She makes this face all the time when she's upset.  She's got the best pout out of all our kids!

Even the swaddle wasn't enough to calm her, after all she had been through. Clearly, we interrupted her plans with this induction.

Once she finally did calm down, she's been pretty reasonable ever since.  Every once in a while, she flashes her loud-and-angry side again, but she picks her battles carefully.  She has even started smiling--it's a goofy open-mouthed grin that melts your heart.
 

We of course celebrated her big day in the best way we know how.  We think our cake decorator may have had one too many when he tried to design this one.



Here are the presents Josephine gave her big bros:

Candyland to Chase


Lightning McQueen and Mater to Brooksie

A chess set to Caleb


And Wii Sports for everyone!


Here we are, the happy couple with our first daughter. 

Sorry to bore you with more photos, but Ain, if you ever give birth at Mt. Auburn Hospital, you want to get this room...#514.  Corner room with a great view of the lovely River Charles.


See?


Here she is coming home to her beautiful yellow palace!



This is more what she looks like now.  Her eyes have gotten bigger and she's very thoughtful.


Here's her cute room.  Thank you to both moms for helping us to rethink the hard-core jock theme we had going before.  We love the new look!

Oma covered up all the holes in the wall with a piece of the dust ruffle.  Genius!

2 comments:

Karisa and John said...

The nursery looks fab! Nicely done. And Josie is beautiful. Glad she's gradually warming up to the idea of being our of the womb.

Vai Poli said...

Hola Elise! I don't remember how I found your blog but I'm glad I did. Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. I have 2 boys so I'm hoping a baby girl will be in my future too. Hope all is well with you and your family!
Vaiolini Poli (S. Iosua)